We focus on building and maintaining strong community relations. This includes driving community development through local skills training, job creation and targeted community investment. Collectively, this will support the long-term growth of both our communities and our business.
Built to care and connect
2020 report: communities section
2020 communities highlights
From destructive hurricanes that cut wide swaths of damage through our Gulf of Mexico region to the viral vectors that connected countries in tragedy, our interconnectedness was highlighted like perhaps no other year has in modern times.
- Invested more than $1 million in global COVID-19-related relief efforts.
- Invested more than $1 million in hurricane relief.
- Continued annual contributions for marine habitats, coastal restoration and air quality totaling $700,000.
- Provided nearly 8,000 volunteer hours in communities where we live and work and included virtual volunteer programs during COVID-19.
- Sponsored a mentorship program to help high school and early college students from underrepresented groups enter and/or advance in the workplace in the community near our Sabine Pass facility in Louisiana.
2020 communities highlights: by the numbers
COVID-19 global community relief timeline
- Executed China response donating 100K masks
- Maintained China response, gifting 7 ventilators
- Pledged over $1M for global COVID-19 community relief
- PPE press conference announcing $50K public donation match
- Partnered for “no-touch” PPE drive
- Launched 2:1 COVID matching gifts
- Provided PPE to 13 Louisiana medical facilities and state capitol
- Disinfected 2 city parks near CCL
- Delivered lunches to frontline responders near CCL and SPL
- Dismantled camps and donated surplus to food pantries
- Houston mobile food pantry providing food to ~500 families
- Donated UK office pantry items to local food banks
- Gifted furniture to Houston Food Bank
- Supplementing virtual volunteerism with small scale
- HalloRead children’s book distribution
- Underwrote cost to air freight $400k of medical supplies to India
- Partnership with SEWA International to build oxygen generator plant
- Project C.U.R.E. volunteer days in-person opportunities
- Vaccinated crew from India docked at SPL