Cheniere is among the leading companies in North America strategically pursuing the development, construction and operation of LNG terminals.
Cheniere's premier sites, community focused approach, experienced team and anticipated low construction and operating costs provides the company sustainable competitive advantages. The company is currently developing, constructing and operating onshore LNG export facilities and related natural gas pipelines located along the U.S. Gulf Coast. The Gulf Coast area is ideally situated for LNG facilities due to its highly liquid markets, with an abundant supply of natural gas and significant network of existing pipeline infrastructure.
Cheniere's terminal sites are among the best in North America because they have the following critical features:
- Deepwater ship channels and large acreage positions with proximity to open water
- Substantial local natural gas consumption & existing industrial complexes
- Proximity to major interstate and intrastate pipelines
- Abundant and experienced workforce
- Local governments and communities familiar with and supportive of the energy industry
Cheniere’s competitive advantage is offering attractive options for global LNG buyers:
- New source of LNG supply for the global market
- LNG pricing tied to U.S. natural gas index
- More flexible contract structure, including destination flexibility, ability to cancel cargo lifting with advance notice and FOB purchases of LNG (Cheniere purchases the natural gas feedstock and the customer purchases LNG at the tailgate)
- State-of-the-art technology – LNG trains are designed using the ConocoPhillips Optimized Cascade® process