Code of Business Ethics
To further the Company’s fundamental principles of honesty, loyalty, fairness and forthrightness, the Company has established the Code of Business Conduct and Ethics. This Code strives to promote the following objectives and to deter wrongdoing:
- Honest and ethical conduct, including the ethical handling of actual or apparent conflicts of interest between personal and professional relationships;
- Full, fair, accurate, timely and understandable disclosure in all reports and documents required to be filed with or submitted to the Securities and Exchange Commission (the “SEC”) and in other public communications made by the Company;
- Compliance with applicable rules and regulations of the applicable exchange and with applicable governmental laws, rules and regulations;
- Prompt internal reporting of violations of the Code to an appropriate person or persons identified in the Code; and
- Accountability for adherence to this Code.
A director, officer or employee may not personally benefit from their relationship or employment with the Company except through compensation received directly from the Company. Directors, officers and employees are strictly forbidden from offering, promising, or giving money, gifts, loans, rewards, favors or anything of value to any governmental official, employee, agent or other intermediary (either inside or outside the United States) that is prohibited by law. Those paying a bribe may subject the Company and themselves to civil and criminal penalties. When dealing with government customers or officials, no improper payments will be tolerated. The Company prohibits improper payments in all of its activities, whether these activities are with governments or in the private sector.
The full Code of Business Conduct and Ethics is available for download on our company website by clicking here.
Cheniere has also established an Anti-Corruption and Economic Sanctions Policy, which states: the Company is committed to the highest standards of corporate and personal integrity and ethical business conduct as outlined in its Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, and strictly prohibits all forms of bribery and corruption in association with its business activities.