Cheniere is committed to conducting business in a manner that limits impacts to the environment in all aspects of the Company’s business, as documented in our Corporate Environmental Policy. This policy applies to all employees, contingent workers, contractors and consultants. The accountability for compliance with the Policy lies with our General Counsel, a member of our Executive Leadership Team, and demonstrates our Leadership’s support of an effective environmental management framework.
Cheniere’s management integrates occupational health and safety, process safety, integrity management and environmental stewardship into their relevant business decisions and operations, while incorporating our company’s core values of Teamwork, Respect, Accountability, Integrity, Nimble and Safety (TRAINS). In furtherance of these core values, Cheniere has adopted the following policies and procedures related to health, safety, and environmental stewardship:
- We obtain necessary environmental authorizations and ensure compliance.
- We promote environmental awareness and education throughout all levels of the organization.
- We work to minimize adverse impacts to the environment.
- We implement and fund beneficial use and wetland mitigation projects, with past projects including tidal mitigation, breakwaters to protect bird habitats and oyster reef and fish habitat construction.
- We maintain positive relationships and proactively engage with regulators and community stakeholders.
- We track environmental performance of our assets on a periodic basis.