Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) Policy
At Cheniere people come first. It is Cheniere’s policy to protect the health and safety of our employees, contractors, visitors, and local community residents as well as prevent impacts to the environment in all aspects of executing our business strategy. Cheniere’s operating practices and community involvements are examples of our commitment to health, safety, and the environment.
Cheniere’s leaders will:
- Put the health and safety of employees, contractors, visitors, and local community residents first when making business decisions; and
- Provide a clear strategic plan that integrates occupational health and safety, process safety, integrity management, and environmental stewardship into all business decisions and operations.
Cheniere’s leadership and employees will:
- Comply with all applicable HSE laws and regulations at each facility and promote industry best practices and procedures;
- Set operational and compliance objectives that are aligned with regulations;
- Conduct regular HSE audits and communicate findings and recommendations; and
- Promote the HSE Policy through a comprehensive training program.
Cheniere’s leadership will:
- Promote an HSE culture that encourages and fosters employee ownership and involvement in the HSE process;
- Promote and encourage continuous improvement of HSE performance;
- Educate employees and contractors on their responsibility to stop work they believe is unsafe or environmentally unsound;
- Hold individuals accountable for performance; and
- Foster effective communication among company leadership, company employees, and the residents of communities that we work in.
Through implementation of the HSE policy, Cheniere assures our commitment to the health and safety of our employees, contractors, visitors, and local community residents as well as the environment.
Executive Vice President, Cheniere Energy Inc.